Skip to main content

My Awful Blessing . . .

You read that right . . . The past several months have literally been LIFE ALTERING. I am, however, choosing to look at this situation that I find myself in as a gift that I am not allowed to open.

YET. 


A gift that I KNOW is there.
I don't yet know what it is. 
I don't yet know how I will use it. 
I don't yet know if it will fit. 
I don't yet know if it's what I've always wanted.
No amount of shaking the box, or tossing out guesses will clear up the mystery. 

So I wait.  

I will admit that there are times when I wonder who I am, now that I am not "Jen with Alterna" . . . 
or "Jen with Aloxxi". 
Now I am just Jen with JacksonThis 'gift' may not have been my choice, but this much I know . . . I have gotten to spend almost 1/2 of my son's second year/ bonding and just hanging out with him. I would not trade that for ANYTHING in the world. 

I have come to know the generosity of others in immeasurable ways. My friends and family, and THEIR friends and family have been SO supportive. 
Honestly, this, above all else has changed me.


There are days that I feel like I am drowning. Sometimes I am drowning in the pain, other days it's the fear of not being able to pay the bills. Then I look around and cannot help but feel safe, because I see nothing but love in all directions. 

For now, I am going to ground myself and make the very best of this "Awful Blessing" that has been placed in my path. 

(I just wish i could take just one little peek though!)


Comments

  1. Im sorry you are going through this honey. :/ Pointy CHINs up! ;))))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Cloth V.S. Disposable . . . It's not just about the environment

So here I was again, pregnant with my son and trying to wade through the virtual piles of research I had compiled on diaper options. You would think this would be a super easy decision . . . but I was a Crunchy mom-to-be in a world full of Cashmere and Silk. As a matter of fact, before I joined my Bradley Group, I only knew one person cloth diapering . . . and she is over 500 miles away. Thank you 'neighbor'. You know who you are, and you know I love ya ! This is what I knew * Cloth is better for the environment - Less waste in the landfills * I really wanted to make cloth work, long before I found out I was pregnant * My son is worth all the hard work. 'Wait . . . how hard will it be?" * Baby butts wearing a cloth diaper are simply ADORABLE !   This is what I was told *"Cloth diapers smell so bad, even when they are just wet" *"It is so much easier to use disposables" *&q

I May Be Single, But My Life Is FULL . . .

"Oh, you're single? I'm sorry" "You just haven't met 'the one' yet" "Don't be so jaded . . . not every man is bad" "Don't worry, there is a soul mate for everyone" "You WILL find love again, when you least expect it" "You really need to think about a male role model for Jackson" "What are you going to do when Jackson leaves home?" "Your son can't be your best friend" "Don't you get lonely?" Among others, these wonderful sentiments have all been offered to me over the past few years, since before I had Jackson.  While I know that every single one came from a place of love . . .  I cannot help but feel a little judged.  Here is the deal.  There is no need to be sorry for assuming that I am married.  I am not at all worried about finding a soul mate.  I do NOT think that all men, or even most men are jerks.  As strange